Spice Blends and Seasonings
- Antonio's Italian Spice Blend Seasoning
- Border Bandito's Salsa Spice Blend
- Cattlemen's Choice Beef Sauce Spice Blend
- Championship Chili Spice Blend
- Garden Harvest Special Blend
- Gold Coast Garlic Shake Spice Blend
- Mesa Flats Enchilada Spice Blend Seasoning
- Prairie Fire Chipotle Pepper Blend
- Red River Fajita Spice Blend
- Sizzlin Sunset Cajun Spice Blend Seasoning
- Smokey Canyon Mesquite Grille Seasoning
- Tumbleweed Taco Spice Blend
Easy Red Beans & Rice
Sizzlin Sunset Cajun Spice Blend Seasoning
Discover a delicious and easy-to-make Italian-style chicken dish with Miss Lil’s Garlic Chicken. This homestyle recipe features juicy cuts of frying chicken marinated in garlic, dry vermouth, and Westport Spice Italian Blend, then baked to perfection in the oven. Serves 4 and can be marinated overnight for a more intense flavor. Perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. Try this mouth-watering recipe today!
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
½ cup diced green bell pepper
6 ounces smoked ham, diced (Cure 81 preferable)
3 (16 ounce) cans small red beans, drained (not kidney beans)
2 cups water
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried celery seed
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 or 3 teaspoons Olde Westport Sizzlin Sunset Cajun Spice Blend
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
2 cups hot cooked rice
Heat vegetable oil in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper, and diced ham, and cook until tender.
Stir in drained beans, water, thyme, celery seed, salt, Cajun spice blend, and Tabasco sauce.
Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If mixture becomes too thick, add water as needed.
Mash a few of the beans with the back of a spoon to thicken sauce to desired consistency.
Serve the bean mixture over hot cooked rice.